Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Surprises

I received a lovely parcel in the post yesterday. It was my Christmas swap decoration from Jeannet in Holland. I was waiting expectantly for it ever since she said she had posted it and was very happy to have it arrive. Jeannet - from Quilting Jeannet - does the most beautiful patchwork. The pics from her blog look like she spends a lot of time creating wonderful pieces.

My parcel was in a yellow envelope, which I managed to photograph before I ripped it open.





Inside was the cutest, most lovely patchwork heart christmas decoration, with my initial on it
J for Joy.





And a pretty christmas card! There was also a nice little bar of soap (but unfortunately the journey must have been a bit rough and it got broken)





Thanks Jeannet. I love it. Now I need to get my Christmas tree up so I can hang the decoration on it.

Here is a pic of the packages I have been sending out. Jeannet's swap gift is also in the bundle.





And now that Jeannet has had her package delivered I can show you what I sent.

A blue and gold christmas bauble





Some little Father Christmas gift tags





And a card which I hand painted onto acetate to give it a stained glass window effect.





Then I wrapped the whole lot up in a fat quarter of this beautiful 'Liberty Roses' fabric that I thought Jeannet could use in her patchwork. (Wrapping presents in fabric is a Japanese tradition which I love)





I think this swap has been great for my first. I look forward to many more. If you know of any happening near you I would love to hear about it.

And I hope everyone in the Mitcham area went down and said hi to Karen. I hear the weather was not great but it is the Carols by Candlelight tonight and KAZZALBLUE has a stall at the Christmas Market in Nunawading.


Merry Christmas
Joy






No comments: