Sunday, September 5, 2010

Fathers Day



Today we celebrate Fathers Day in New Zealand. A chance to thank our Dads for all they have done and continue to do for us. As a parent I have come to the conclusion that our children never really leave home – only for short stints at a time and they constantly boomerang back again with needs and desires they need help to fulfil. I'm sure it was like that for my Dad too. There was never anything he could not build, mend or lend to help us out ….. even after I left home and had kids of my own.

A nice dinner with everyone is usually how we celebrate the day … no more breakfasts in bed! But it is nice to spoil them for one day a year when we can remember just how lucky we are to have a Dad!

Joy

3 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

So true - lovely post!

Mel @ Wildflower said...

Are you the baby in the photo Joy? What a gorgeous baby!

Karen said...

Hi Mel
No I believe from the age of the photo that is our eldest sister who was 14 years older than us. Still, we were cute babies though. I will have to get Joy to put some pics up of us when we were little!
Cheers, Karen.